Wednesday 10 November 2010

Wonka!

Posted on/at 12:18 by Hannah Jackson

When it came to doing the promotional material for the Roald Dahl night at the cinema, I found that a purple tophat was a very iconic thing for Willy Wonka. Whis is weird because in neither film nor book did he wear a purple top hat, but upon showing the image around the studio and asking what it made them think of 95% said Charlie and the Chocolate factory. So I think it gets the point across. I wanted to use the really bright, candyesque colours that are associated with the story and after watching the more recent movie, Johnny Depp, there was a room in which the squirrels sorted nuts and the room was a massive blue and white swirl, like those Campino sweets they used to make. Or maybe still make. Who knows?

Either way, I went for that pattern because as well as being bright and eyecatching, the swirl gives an impression of the madness that most of the Wonka products represent.





I had a bit of a play around using the logos on top of the swirl in place of the top hat. I used the logos from all ages, the one at the top is the most recent logo and is featured on the website and the more recent product, and out of all of them, this is my favourite logo and I think that it works quite well on top of the swirl.

However, I think it looks a little too empty so I'm going to try combining it with the top hat.


0 comments:

Post a Comment