Wednesday 10 November 2010

Posters & Bus Stops

Posted on/at 14:01 by Hannah Jackson


When I made a vector of the logo in the top image, I decided to try and keep the greyish highlights that made it look a little more 3-dimensional. I have decided that I don't need to do this because I haven't included any shading on the hat a all, so why should I shade the logo? It just doesn't sit right.

And of course I went through the other logos on top of the hat to see what worked and none of them worked quite as well as the most modern logo, which is above.



This is the image from the top but minus the shading on the logo and I think that this works far better. I like how the purple edge to the logo is the same colour as the hat and vanishes against it but reappears at the edges. It keeps it simple and I quite like the effect. This is the image that I'm going with so I've put the Odeon logo on the top, the same place that it has been for the rest of the posters, the date.

For the date I went on dafont.com and found a 'Wonka' typeface and used that. I could have used a much better typeface but I wanted to keep with the whimsical, playful feel of the whole thing and I wanted the type to be in context.


And in context! Just some more images from google.




0 comments:

Post a Comment