Sunday 7 November 2010

HP: Adverts

Posted on/at 18:15 by Hannah Jackson

The poster that I made in the previous post and applying it to a range of media including bus stops, bill boards etc. The bus stops were the easiest to do because of the format of the poster I originally designed. Just import it into photoshop, free transform it and move it into the space on the picture. At the moment I'm just using images from Google for the moment, the highest res that I can find, but ideally I would like to take my own images of bus stops and apply my posters to them, but I haven't had much time to really go out taking such images. Been glued to my mac like nobody's business.




The billboards also weren't difficult to do, they have a similar format to the posters, just stretched out a little bit. Well obviously I didn't stretch my design, that would be ridiculous, but I just made the back wider and rejigged and resized everything to fit. I think they they work quite well and I could definitely see them as a bill board. Since I don't have a car and don't get to travel in one all that often these days, I don't see many billboards so I haven't really seen any recent examples of them.



The tube poster was a little bit harder to do, really, as you can see I didn't get it quite right. It's such a simple thing but apparently quite difficult to mock up and apparently I haven't quite mastered the art of warping in Photoshop just yet.


Also on the side of a bus as well as in Photoshop, this is a way of creating a portable advertisement so I figured that bus side posters were the way to go. It was a much different format to the posters and billboards so I had to rejig the layout completely but I think that it works alright.

0 comments:

Post a Comment