Tuesday 9 November 2010

PGGB Product Shots

Posted on/at 11:51 by Hannah Jackson

So I finally got the stickers printed downstairs in the digital dungeon and sourcing the bottle shape was a fairly long winded process. I was looking mainly in alcohol bottles and was coming up empty handed, but on a fateful trip to Morrisons for pasta and other student fodder, I caught sight of a bottle of oil. It's Morrisons' 'the best' Spanish extra virgin olive oil, and as well as being the tall, thin bottle that I was looking for, the liquid inside was also the colour that I wanted it to be, so I didn't even have to crack the seal of the bottle or anything. Score. Also, very cheap to buy, which suited me just fine.

Anyway, the liquid inside was yellow and transparent, which was great because the stripes on the sticker on the back showed strongly through the liquid to create an illusion within the bottle while the front sticker could be kept very basic.

Also, borrowing a Martini glass from one of the tutors and using a mix of water and yellow food colouring, I managed to get some excellent product shots of the bottle and of the glass together. The pictures turned out really well, in fact and I think my skills at product shots are getting better.







0 comments:

Post a Comment