Monday 8 November 2010

Hitchhiker's Guide Promotion

Posted on/at 17:36 by Hannah Jackson

Promotional material for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy night at the cinema. There is a day of the year dubbed to be 'Towel Day' to celebrate the books and the movie so that is the day when the movie night would take place. The HHGTTG logo is fairly iconic amongst the fandom so the planet with the thumbs up inside it was my first port of call. I love this logo, it works while being entertaining at the same time. Anyway, because this movie night's target audience would be people who are already fans of the books and the film, so the logo is instantly going to be recognisable to them. I thought about using the logo and the most iconic quotes from the books and not explaining them, just letting them speak for themselves like a campaign.

I used the logo and quotes such as 'Don't Panic', 'Have you got your towel?' and 'Life? Don't talk to me about life.' Fans of the series are going to know exactly what the quotes are about.


While I've been playing mostly with black and white, with the blue Odeon logo, I pulled a stock image of space off Google to play around with, laying things on top of it and cutting shapes out of it to see what I could make. I actually much prefer the space image as the logo or behind it, even as part of the text because it makes it so much more interesting than simply black and white and it also relates perfectly to the subject matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment