Wednesday 3 November 2010

Bite in Brown

Posted on/at 16:19 by Hannah Jackson

While doing the bag templates for the bakery before, I'm not sure why I chose to put them on white templates because the bags that I'm going to be using are made of brown paper. So I changed the colour of the templates and went through a few layout options.

The plan was to use only one colour plus stock, so to print directly onto the bags would mean that any text that I wished to be white would be brown and the small text underneath the logo would be completely lost on the bag. So, not a good idea.



The word 'bite' works much better on the bag in the single colour quite large, though it works better, I already know that this is not the route that I want to take. I much prefer the round logo with the address and contact information on it which doubles as a business card.



Using the round logo again, I have kept the white this time which means, because printing white is not an option for me unless I want to faff around with screen printing, which I do not want to do, the logo needs to be a sticker. This works out very well in face, for printing stickers is easy, and they can be applied to a wide range of media. This works out much better because it saves having to print directly onto each item and keeps things easy. Another bonus is that stickers can now be printed 100% biodegradable that there is not worry of them causing harm to the environment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment