Wednesday 20 October 2010

Newsletter colour exploration

Posted on/at 21:34 by Hannah Jackson

As said in the crit, the gold colour wasn't really working and didn't appear to be the most appealing colour so I went back to the design and had a bit of play with the colours, trying to keep it 1 colour + black + stock. I just went through a few colours that I quite liked rather than go mad with them







This burgundy one was actually the most popular with all of the people that I showed it to. I didn't just show people the colour online, I printed out samples on the laser printer, which of course didn't get the colours quite right - it never does - but it was enough to get the point across. The general consensus was that it was a very rich and high quality looking colour.



The purple returns! Though it's definitely a better purple this time, it's much darker and definitely more of a 'royal purple' colour. Instead of just one colour here, I kept the gold from the first design as the little page break lines at the bottom of each section to offset the purple. The purple and gold go really well together and definitely give a feel of royalty and high standard. The purple went down well amongst those I showed it to. The darker colour behind the white title text makes it stand out much better than it did before with the gold colour.

Obviously the laser printer killed the colours entirely but I am looking forward to seeing how it will print downstairs in the digital dungeon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment