Monday 18 October 2010

Fizzy Lifting Drink initial ideas

Posted on/at 22:05 by Hannah Jackson

Initial ideas for the final product of my Fictional Drinks brief, Fizzy Lifting Drink of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory fame. It was a bit of a toss up between this and Frobscottle from the BFG, but for some reason I couldn't imagine Frobscottle without imagining Quentin Blake's illustration, and in the book 'Roald Dahl's Revolting Recipes' the drink just looks like pale green gloop. So I went with Fizzy Lifting Drink.

I imagine it to be a lemonade-y sort of drink, just very fizzy. Like you put an existing fizzy drink in a Soda Stream. Anyway, the ideas that mainly sprang to mind were things such as letters floating away, being really disjointed, bubbles etc.
I quite like the idea of having a bottle that looks like it's swollen up, or struggling to contain what's inside of it. Though that does remind me a little more of Violet swelling up like a blueberry moreso than floating away with the drink. Either way it's definitely something that needs to be played with.
I had a couple of ideas about using weights to hold down the letters before they floated away entirely, or having the letters start to dissolve. White I quite like the look of dissolving letters, I imagine it to be quite difficult to try and replicate digitally. There is also the idea of the tapered room in Willy Wonka's factory with the fan at the top. I tried to draw this using stick figures at the bottom of the sheet below but in truth it looks way more like an alien abduction. I can get away with being a little cheese in my design direction with this brief because when all is said at done, this one is aimed at children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment